Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5S problems with 11.1.1 update

I hate this update. I've never had as many problems as I have with this one. I have an iPhone 5S. Here are my biggest issues: since updating, my ringer volume is incredibly quiet. Even turned up to the highest setting, I have a hard time hearing both my ringtone and my text tone. (and I have crazy sensitive hearing) Bigger issue: suddenly half of my text messages give me no notification whatsoever. It seems random. I've tried resetting my text tone to a generic Apple one instead of the previous custom one I downloaded from iTunes. No help. Any ideas? I'm so frustrated with this latest update. Half my apps don't work properly anymore either, but I guess that's a post for another day.

iPhone 5s, iOS 11.1

Posted on Nov 16, 2017 9:28 AM

3 replies

Nov 16, 2017 1:24 PM in response to beemarie75

I think razmee209 actually gave you 4 steps to try. Try the next step only if the preceding one didn't help. The first two (restart or reset) should not affect the content of your iPhone. The third (assuming you have a recent backup) should still preserve most (if not all of your data). The last (restore as new) will wipe it totally clean and is the most drastic measure (if the others did not help). We can't guarantee that any of these steps will fix your issues, but its all we got. If you feel uncomfortable, I suggest you make an Genius Bar appointment at an Apple Store near you (if possible) and let them diagnose it:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Nov 16, 2017 10:23 AM in response to beemarie75

beemarie75 wrote:

I hate this update. I've never had as many problems as I have with this one. I have an iPhone 5S. Here are my biggest issues: since updating, my ringer volume is incredibly quiet. Even turned up to the highest setting, I have a hard time hearing both my ringtone and my text tone. (and I have crazy sensitive hearing) Bigger issue: suddenly half of my text messages give me no notification whatsoever. It seems random. I've tried resetting my text tone to a generic Apple one instead of the previous custom one I downloaded from iTunes. No help. Any ideas? I'm so frustrated with this latest update. Half my apps don't work properly anymore either, but I guess that's a post for another day.

Basic troubleshooting tip:

Restart, Reset, Restore from backup and Restore as new.

iPhone 5S problems with 11.1.1 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.