Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there much difference between i7 3.9 and 4.1?

Hello.

I am planning to buy a new MBP 15” and I was wondering is the extra money needed to upgrade it to the latest processor is worth it.

I need it for digital illustration, 3D modelling and rendering.

Posted on Nov 16, 2017 9:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2017 9:22 PM

Hi,

CPUs are normally rated by their base speed, not Turbo Boost, so I think you're asking about going from a 2.9GHz to a 3.1. The following pics of GeekBench scores show that the difference between the two is negligible in Multi-Core performance, which is what your Mac will be using with the heavy tasks you're going to be running, so no, I would not spend the extra money on the 3.1GHz, unless you need to eek out every tiny bit of speed:

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 16, 2017 9:22 PM in response to ZeroM.

Hi,

CPUs are normally rated by their base speed, not Turbo Boost, so I think you're asking about going from a 2.9GHz to a 3.1. The following pics of GeekBench scores show that the difference between the two is negligible in Multi-Core performance, which is what your Mac will be using with the heavy tasks you're going to be running, so no, I would not spend the extra money on the 3.1GHz, unless you need to eek out every tiny bit of speed:

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Is there much difference between i7 3.9 and 4.1?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.