Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Best OS update possible for a mid-2012 Macbook Intel Core i7 ?

Hi there,

What would be the best OS update possible for a mid-2012 Macbook Pro 2,6 GHz Intel Core i7 running now on OS 10.9.5 Mavericks ?

I mean the best compatible one with the hardware, without slowing down the machine too much.

I didn't update to Yosemite nor El Capitan, as I feel new graphics are ugly !!

However, now I can't sync my new iPhone 8 with iTunes 12.6.2...

Thanks for your advices

Olivier

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Nov 16, 2017 9:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2017 9:52 AM

That Mac is perfectly compatible with High Sierra which would be the only available update for it at this time, unless you had previously downloaded any others when they were available. Apple removes older macOS versions from the store, so you are only able to update to the most recent one it can support.

Unless there is something wrong with the computer or it has less than 4GB of RAM, it should not be slowed down at all, and may even be a little faster with High Sierra as it optimizes performance.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 16, 2017 9:52 AM in response to Olivier Lliboutry

That Mac is perfectly compatible with High Sierra which would be the only available update for it at this time, unless you had previously downloaded any others when they were available. Apple removes older macOS versions from the store, so you are only able to update to the most recent one it can support.

Unless there is something wrong with the computer or it has less than 4GB of RAM, it should not be slowed down at all, and may even be a little faster with High Sierra as it optimizes performance.

Best OS update possible for a mid-2012 Macbook Intel Core i7 ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.