Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macbook turns on but doesn't work

Macbook air 13" early 2015

So a couple of weeks ago i noticed that suddenly some black or white thin horizontal lines would show up on my screen for a second and they would be just completely random.

Turns out that today i connected my mac to a projector with a vga adapter. It worked fined and after i finished my presentation i just disconnected the adapter and closed my mac.

10 minutes later I picked up my mac and opened it and the screen was black. So I did a hard restart and still nothing happened just that the screen became a little brighter like on any normal restart unless that the apple logo didn't showed up.

When i got home I connected it to my tv with a thunderbolt to hdmi cable and it worked. Did a pram reset, smc reset and basically everything i have read on the internet but i still can't fix it. Please any help would be very appreciated.

Update: today the macbook won't even work on a external display. When turning it on the screen becomes brighter and the apple logo on the back is also brighten.

Posted on Nov 16, 2017 9:19 AM

3 replies

Nov 16, 2017 10:00 AM in response to EGMG

With an external display working but nothing appearing on the display I'd suspect the cable that connects the logic board to the LCD display or the backlight. It sounds like the backlight may be working but maybe not. Sounds like a trip to an Apple store or authorized repair center is needed.

macbook turns on but doesn't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.