Announcement: Upgrade to macOS Mojave

With features like Dark Mode, Stacks, and four new built-in apps, macOS Mojave helps you get more out of every click. 
Find out how to upgrade to macOS Mojave > https://support.apple.com/macos/mojave

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: my MBP's kernel task is using about 600 mbs of memory without any apps or anything else on in the background. Is that normal? Also I opened up the kernel task, it mentions ''Faults'' to be over 32000, what's that

my MBP's kernel task is using about 600 mbs of memory without any apps or anything else on in the background. Is that normal? Also I opened up the kernel task, it mentions ''Faults'' to be over 32000, what's thatUser uploaded file

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, 2 TBT3), macOS High Sierra (10.13.1)

Posted on

Page content loaded

Nov 16, 2017 10:48 AM in response to iGuy 2 In response to iGuy 2

That is a normal size but it will grow in size as you launch and use more software. I'm not a system programmer so I don't know what the Faults refers to in that dialog. If your computer is running normally then I wouldn't spend time worrying about it.

Nov 16, 2017 10:48 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: iGuy 2

Question: my MBP's kernel task is using about 600 mbs of memory without any apps or anything else on in the background. Is that normal? Also I opened up the kernel task, it mentions ''Faults'' to be over 32000, what's that