Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

infection report

All of a sudden, I am getting a constant infection report for my Charter Security Report. When I ran the scan, it should no infections. Here is what they say:

1. /private/tmp/mmUpdLaunchMe Suspicious:OSX/PossiblyUnwanted.26e9d8bc!Online

2. /private/tmp/mmLaunchMe adware/osx.surfbuyer.arvsd

I have gotten these report continously since I got on my computer this morning - 10 times for #1 and once for #2.

I never had this problem until installing High Sierra. Before that I had Yosemite.

iMac, Other OS, OS High Sierra 4 GB memory

Posted on Nov 16, 2017 10:47 AM

8 replies

Nov 23, 2017 5:59 AM in response to Barb Norvell

It is due to latest adware MyCouponize, please read my blog to remove this adware.

Remove MyCouponize2 virus ad from Mac | SecureMacOS

<Disclaimer: this post contains links to my own website from which I may derive some form of compensation. My website does not contain 3rd party ads. This disclaimer is required by ASC Terms of Use whenever linking to one's own site or product.>

Nov 18, 2017 12:15 PM in response to infosee

And what do you base that reply on?

1) You seem to love using the word "virus", regardless of the provable fact that there is not, and never has been a virus that can affect the Mac OS.

2) You state the problem as fact that it's due to MyCouponize. Yet, the instructions you link to don't show a single name in the OP's report above.

Result. Your post is for no purpose other than to promote your site. Advertising is not allowed on these forums. And posting a disclaimer doesn't change that, or make the post okay.

infection report

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.