Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Email deleted on iPhone still appear on watch

So I’m still new to the Apple Watch, and this might be completely normal, but I’ve noticed that the emails on my watch don’t seem to sync with anything properly. I receive new emails, but if I delete them on my phone, they are not deleting on the watch.

I’ve got a new series 3 with cellular running the latest watchOS version if that makes a difference.

On a side note regarding emails, I have notifications sounds turned off on my phone. However I’ve also notice that I don’t get any sound or vibration on the watch when I get an email. Are the settings linked?

Thank you.

Posted on Nov 16, 2017 10:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2017 11:10 AM

Hi

Email deletions should be synced across your devices. It may help to check that your devices are connected via Bluetooth. For the best performance from your iPhone and Apple Watch, including the most power-efficient communication between them, Apple recommends keeping both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi permanently enabled on your iPhone:

About Bluetooth and Wi-Fi on Apple Watch - Apple Support

To select your preferred notification alert methods for Mail on your Apple Watch:

On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch > Mail:

• Perhaps choose Custom and check, under Alerts, that Show Alerts is enabled.
  • Tap on your email account (eg iCloud) > check that Show Alerts from iCloud (for example) is enabled > select Sound and/or Haptic, as desired.

Keep in mind that how notifications behave depends on the status of your devices and your settings. With Wrist Detection enabled, in order to bring notifications to your attention as soon as possible:

• If your iPhone is unlocked, then you will receive notification alerts on your iPhone instead of on your Apple Watch.
  • If your iPhone is locked or asleep and your Apple Watch is unlocked (regardless of whether the watch display is asleep or awake) and on your wrist, you will receive notification alerts on your watch.
  • If your Apple Watch is locked or has Do Not Disturb enabled, then notifications will go to your iPhone.
  • More information: Notifications on your Apple Watch - Apple Support
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 16, 2017 11:10 AM in response to jwilliams31

Hi

Email deletions should be synced across your devices. It may help to check that your devices are connected via Bluetooth. For the best performance from your iPhone and Apple Watch, including the most power-efficient communication between them, Apple recommends keeping both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi permanently enabled on your iPhone:

About Bluetooth and Wi-Fi on Apple Watch - Apple Support

To select your preferred notification alert methods for Mail on your Apple Watch:

On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch > Mail:

• Perhaps choose Custom and check, under Alerts, that Show Alerts is enabled.
  • Tap on your email account (eg iCloud) > check that Show Alerts from iCloud (for example) is enabled > select Sound and/or Haptic, as desired.

Keep in mind that how notifications behave depends on the status of your devices and your settings. With Wrist Detection enabled, in order to bring notifications to your attention as soon as possible:

• If your iPhone is unlocked, then you will receive notification alerts on your iPhone instead of on your Apple Watch.
  • If your iPhone is locked or asleep and your Apple Watch is unlocked (regardless of whether the watch display is asleep or awake) and on your wrist, you will receive notification alerts on your watch.
  • If your Apple Watch is locked or has Do Not Disturb enabled, then notifications will go to your iPhone.
  • More information: Notifications on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Email deleted on iPhone still appear on watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.