Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Deactivated imessage and still not getting text messages

Help please I moved from apple to android in January I have deactivated imessage and I am still not receiving text messages!! I am so frustrated!

Posted on

Page content loaded

Nov 16, 2017 11:39 AM in response to Tonijohn In response to Tonijohn

If you "deactivated" iMessage AND you are "still not receiving text messages" are you referring to SMS text messages on your Android phone? If that's the case, you will need to contact your wireless cellular provider that provides you this service, for assistance.

Nov 16, 2017 11:39 AM

Reply Helpful

Nov 16, 2017 1:35 PM in response to Tonijohn In response to Tonijohn

Typically, technically, your phone number is the "address" for SMS and text messages. The only impact changing from iPhone to Android (and vice versa) should be any messages sent/received using a "native" app (iMessage or Samsung's Message, respectively) would not be accessible. However if you used a "third party" app (such as Verizon's Message+) AND if you can install it on your Android device, your messages from before AND since you switched devices should still be there. (I just upgraded from a Galaxy Note Edge to an iPhone 8 Plus and was told my old messages were not accessible. Happily, I used the Verizon app and not the native app and I was able to install the Verizon app on my iPhone).

If the "third party" app solution is not applicable or still doesn't work, Tesserax is spot on.

Nov 16, 2017 1:35 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: Tonijohn

Question: Deactivated imessage and still not getting text messages