Announcement: Upgrade to macOS Mojave

With features like Dark Mode, Stacks, and four new built-in apps, macOS Mojave helps you get more out of every click. 
Find out how to upgrade to macOS Mojave > https://support.apple.com/macos/mojave

Related Article

Use FileVault to encrypt the startup disk on your Mac

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: can you uninstall file vault before finishes encryption? says will take a full day-it was checked off when installed high sierra - i dont want it

Can you turn off file vault before it finishes encryption which says it will take over a day? it was checked

when just installed high sierra .

MacBook Pro, iOS 10.3.1

Posted on

Page content loaded

Nov 16, 2017 11:46 AM in response to GabyLehrer In response to GabyLehrer

I don't believe there is a way to turn it off while it is encrypting. You can use your computer normally while it is encrypting and then turn it off (via Apple menu > System Preferences > Security & Privacy > FileVault).

Personally I leave it on as there is no negative impact for me in terms of performance or otherwise once it has finished encrypting.

Nov 16, 2017 11:46 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: GabyLehrer

Question: can you uninstall file vault before finishes encryption? says will take a full day-it was checked off when installed high sierra - i dont want it