Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes mess with Volume of tracks ''-db''

Alright, I know this title may not be super clear. But Whenever I listen to anything on iTunes, example a burned CD in AIFF/ALAC, In the file descriptions the volume is toned down, for example ''-11 db'' in the Volume section. I've included a screenshot so y'all know what I'm talking about.

I don't want to import everything in WAV because I know i wont be able to put album artwork on it.

What do?User uploaded file

iOS 6.1.4, iTunes Volume

Posted on Nov 16, 2017 11:49 AM

9 replies

Nov 19, 2017 8:32 AM in response to MaxxTankian

Is there a way I can verify theres indeed no playback gain?

Maxx, Yes.

• On an iTunes-wide basis, make sure the three options on the Playback preferences tab are all not enabled (as shown above).
  • On a per-song basis, make sure that "Volume Adjust" is set to 0, and "Equalizer" is set to None. These are found on the Options tab of Song Info (as shown below).

User uploaded file

Nov 19, 2017 5:17 PM in response to MaxxTankian

Compared to the first picture i sent, where the volume was affected ''Track Gain dB'' wise, where can I verify there is indeed no track gain?

Thanks!

Maxx,

Before adding to iTunes, make a copy of the track. Add one to iTunes and keep one outside. Inspect the two of them with your favorite tool. (I would use Audacity, but you may well have a better way.) See if the copy that was added had its volume modified in any way.

iTunes mess with Volume of tracks ''-db''

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.