Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Colored Leather Case Patina?

I bought the Dark Aubergine (Purple) Leather Case for my iPhone X, and I love it.

However, I was wondering if it will ever develop a nice patina? I know the blue does and the brown obviously looks fantastic, but I'm not sure how these colors are applied to the leather and was hoping someone could verify if the purple would or would not change at all.

I had a black leather case for the iPhone 7 and it didn't - most likely because of how dark it is, so I was hoping this one would.

Thanks!

iPhone X, iOS 11.1

Posted on Nov 16, 2017 11:10 AM

5 replies

Nov 16, 2017 12:46 PM in response to stevejobsfan0123

I don't think you understand the question.

"Patina: Noun

A green or brown film on the surface of bronze or similar metals, produced by oxidation over a long period."

On leather, it's a soft sheen that develops on the surface of the leather, imparting a character, a personality to the product.

https://46fjj12eeht73lsxezcqpvlt-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2015 /09/DaLuca-strap1.jpg

Nov 17, 2017 6:46 AM in response to Talik13

Talik13,

Hmm, leather is a natural fiber and will slightly change color over time as if ages. It is unclear how the term "patina" applies to leather.

Anyway, over time, your case will slightly change color due to the finish wearing off, sun exposure, perspiration from your skin, water etc. In other words the color will be modified somewhat, but it is impossible to predict how based on the large number of factors involved.

Good luck.

Colored Leather Case Patina?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.