Related Article

How to AirPlay video and mirror your device's screen to Apple TV

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Video is in portrait not landscape

I have a video in portrait mode - I have my TV turned so it can display a portrait video - how do I get the video to match? The TV displays the video in landscape - (sideways as you view it)..?? (Using Apple cables to connect - not Airplay)

Posted on

Page content loaded

Nov 16, 2017 2:36 PM in response to Greg Vrchoticky In response to Greg Vrchoticky

Hi. The standard format of video is landscape, only the shape varies between 4x3 and 16x9.

Is your video actually portrait format, or just a narrow image in a wide frame?

Was the video recorded by turning a camera on its side? That should actually work.

I think you need to get the video into the standard format, so your "portrait" format displays sideways on a normal TV. Then you could rotate the TV and it would work.

Nov 16, 2017 2:36 PM

Reply Helpful

Nov 16, 2017 3:25 PM in response to Greg Vrchoticky In response to Greg Vrchoticky

Interesting. Does it play in portrait view on the iPad?

Just for argument's sake, how does it play on the TV, if the iPad is in portrait position?

If that doesn't work, you'll need to get it in standard TV video format to display on a TV set.

Nov 16, 2017 3:25 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: Greg Vrchoticky

Question: Video is in portrait not landscape