Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Family Sharing Information is not Available" on iPhone 6S Plus with iOS 11

family sharing information is not available

BLUF*: An iPhone 6S Plus running iOS 11 has a message that reads "Family information is not available" in the "Apple ID >> "Family Sharing" settings and the area under this setting.

*BLUF= Bottom Line Up Front

While my issue is similar to the one referenced above, there are some differences.

I set-up our Family Sharing from an iPhone 8 Plus running iOS 11 (have since updated to 11.1.1 but no change in the below situations) with "Purchase Sharing" and "Location Sharing" set to "On". I am the organizer. I invited all of my family (additional 5 people) and the three with iPhones accepted the invitation. The results of my efforts so far are:

- iPhone 8 Plus running iOS 11.1.1 -- need to check this phone's settings for proper set up

- iPhone 7 Plus running iOS 11.1.1 -- all good

{Here is the main issue}

- iPhone 6S Plus running iOS 11 -- "Family Sharing" settings reads "Family information is not available" and the area under this setting has the same message

What I've done to fix the problem:

- Ensured all settings on all other areas that are available match my phone.

- Did a "hard reset" (pressing the "power button" and the "home button" simultaneously until the phone "rebooted"

- Searched the web and the Apple Support site for fixes

Thus far, I have not read anything that either addresses this specific issue or tried anything that worked.

Any ideas?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 11.1, 256GB model; Verizon carrier

Posted on Nov 16, 2017 11:49 AM

11 replies

Nov 16, 2017 6:10 PM in response to Eric Root

Sort of???

Under "iCloud", I could not log out as selecting "Storage" results in "iCloud storage details are currently unavailable. Try again later."

Under "iTunes & App Stores", I could log out and then log in again.

To further clarify the original issue:

Under the message "Family information is not available." is the message "Trusted devices list is not available."

AND...

The "Name, Phone Numbers, Email"; "Password & Security"; and "Payment & Shipping" choices only result in the "thinking" circle and nothing else when selected.

Hmmmm...

"Family Sharing Information is not Available" on iPhone 6S Plus with iOS 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.