Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Background App Refresh off, still activity

Hi all - I’ve had Background App Refresh set to off for several weeks. I’ve been trying various things to improve battery life, and today when I looked at battery usage, I saw the attached. Now, I know it’s not that much background activity, but why is there any when I’ve had it set to off for weeks? Software is iOS 11.1.1, all apps updated.

User uploaded file

Posted on Nov 16, 2017 12:11 PM

1 reply

Nov 16, 2017 12:31 PM in response to srobi007

Have you also tried using the Low Power Mode setting? See the last paragraph in:

About the battery usage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

As to the issue you are referring to, I suspect (but just a guess) that it might have something to do with the "Use Background App Refresh" section in:

Switch apps on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

where it says: After you switch to a different app, some apps run for a short period of time before they're set to a suspended state. Perhaps that "short period of time" is what's showing up in your screenshot. Again, just a guess.

Background App Refresh off, still activity

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.