Battery life on Apple Watch varies depending on use and other factors. Examples are detailed here:
Apple Watch - Battery - Apple
Apple's tips for maximising battery life on Apple Watch are detailed here:
Batteries - Maximizing Performance - Apple
If your Apple Watch is experiencing significantly shorter battery life than Apple's examples suggest that you should expect, then it may help to follow these steps, which have previously resolved battery life issues for other users, including after software updates when usage has not otherwise changed (check after each):
If you have not yet done so, update your iPhone and Apple Watch to the latest compatible software versions, starting with your iPhone:
Restart both your iPhone and your Apple Watch, turning both off together and then restarting your iPhone first:
If you have ever (not necessarily recently) previously used the Workout app and/or any third-party fitness or sleep tracking apps to record workouts on your watch, check on your Apple Watch to see whether there is a paused activity within any of them. If there is, end that activity from within the app on your watch (not your iPhone).
- If in doubt, remove any such third-party apps from your Apple Watch.
Unpair and re-pair your Apple Watch:
Some users have previously experienced battery life issues in connection with using corporate profiles and/or Exchange Calendars. If you are using an Exchange Calendar, one or more of these steps may help:
- Archive your Exchange Calendar for all items before today.
- Remove / delete all old inbox messages relating to calendar invites (accept and decline notifications).
- Create a rule in your Outlook Mail account that moves all future accept and decline replies, immediately upon receipt, into a separate mail folder that does not sync with your iPhone and Apple Watch.
- Check your Exchange Calendar for errors.
Finally, it may help to:
- Remove third-party apps from the Dock and/or from your watch and then monitor battery performance after adding them back, one at a time:
- Remove watch face complications and monitor battery performance as you add them back:
Having tried the previous steps, if your remain concerned that battery life is shorter than it should be, then I suggest contacting Apple Support (remote diagnostics and/or mail-in service may be available, if required), making a Genius Bar reservation or visiting an Apple Authorised Service Provider for assistance: