Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Why can't I view the composer of a song in iOS Music app?

I sometimes am listening to music I have synced onto my iPhone (using desktop iTunes) and, hearing a track, wonder "Who wrote this?" I know the metadata for that song is saved onto the device, having saved the "Composer" info when copying a CD, say, into iTunes - it's on the device after syncing, but there is no "Info" button to permit the user to access it. That's a waste - the info is there, but the user can't get to it. And that's really one of the more common questions a listener will have when hearing a song - "Who wrote this?" Yes, I know there is a "Composers" tab for the app - but I'm not looking up what songs a songwriter wrote whose music is on my phone - I'm going the other direction - who wrote the song I'm listening to?

Would be really great if the Apple Developer team would add that simple control into the Music app! Probably not a big design step, and would make information already there available to the user.

iPhone 6, iOS 11.1

Posted on

Page content loaded

There are no replies.
User profile for user: GDS1964

Question: Why can't I view the composer of a song in iOS Music app?