Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: 2017 iMac - 2nd monitor for gaming in Bootcamp?

Hello! I love the new Radeon 580 Pro and how smoothly it runs games in Bootcamp/Windows10. But running 1440p is somewhat blurry compared to native resolution. Not terrible, but not great. So: can I attach a 2nd 1400p monitor (via USB-C to HDMI) and play games on that other monitor? Can I specify that games play in that monitor and not default to the iMac's 5k?

Thanks in advance.

Salter.

Posted on

Page content loaded

Nov 17, 2017 4:02 AM in response to iPunter In response to iPunter

iPunter wrote:

Hello! I love the new Radeon 580 Pro and how smoothly it runs games in Bootcamp/Windows10. But running 1440p is somewhat blurry compared to native resolution. Not terrible, but not great. So: can I attach a 2nd 1400p monitor (via USB-C to HDMI) and play games on that other monitor? Can I specify that games play in that monitor and not default to the iMac's 5k?

Thanks in advance.

Salter.

In Bootcamp/Windows, the whole external display and desktop management

is totally different and determined by what Windows will allow you to do and

has nothing to do with Apple or the Apple hardware.

Nov 17, 2017 4:02 AM

Reply Helpful

Nov 17, 2017 4:30 AM in response to iPunter In response to iPunter

my 21" mid 2011 imac also with a radeon something something card

has an asus 27" monitor connected by thunderbolt->dvi it's the main primary monitor in windows (one adjust it there)

it works fine though some games has issues with mouse curser can leave the game monitor and enter the other monitor

I also have the asus as primary monitor in macOS

with both games default launch on the correct one

both imac and asus are 1080p

Nov 17, 2017 4:30 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: iPunter

Question: 2017 iMac - 2nd monitor for gaming in Bootcamp?