Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: adding number to "contactable at"

so i'm trying to add my number to contactable at so it's not just my email, but i never receive the verification code. also my imessage has been trying to activate for a few days now but it just shows the loading circle beside my number. any idea how to fix this? thanks!

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 11.1, null

Posted on

Page content loaded

Nov 16, 2017 1:46 PM in response to SimaranG In response to SimaranG

Regarding the phone number you wish to add to the "Reachable At" area of "Name, Phone Number, Email":

1. Are you upgraded to iOS 11.1.1?

2. Is the phone number you are attempting to add another cell phone (or other device able to receive text messages) and not the device's current number?

Thanks!

Edited reply because:

Your iOS info just refreshed on my laptop so the first question is no longer valid.

Nov 16, 2017 1:46 PM

Reply Helpful

Nov 16, 2017 1:48 PM in response to BeegPapi In response to BeegPapi

no it's the number associated with the phone. i did change providers and i had a temporary number from them for like an hour but it changed back to my old number and i havent had any issues.. i'm just not getting the verification code texts.

Nov 16, 2017 1:48 PM

Reply Helpful

Nov 16, 2017 1:54 PM in response to Eric Root In response to Eric Root

i've tried to do it from my phone and that link.. my number is a trusted number but i can't get it added to my contactable at.. ive tried hard resetting it, removing my sim, factory resetting my phone.. nothing has worked so far

Nov 16, 2017 1:54 PM

Reply Helpful

Nov 16, 2017 2:44 PM in response to SimaranG In response to SimaranG

If necessary, there is a contact link.

Apple ID Support

Apple ID Support (2)

Apple Support by e-mail or chat Select your device, Battery, Power and Charging, then Power adapter not working to get a chat option. If you need to talk to them, ask them if they will do a Skype or FaceTime with you.

Apple Support using Twitter

Nov 16, 2017 2:44 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: SimaranG

Question: adding number to "contactable at"