Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Barcode scanner recommendations

I'm looking for a decent barcode scanning solution for MacOS and iOS, primarily to augment our inventory and asset management tasks at work. The goal being to print out labels and have the scanner submit the code to our system, which would then pull up a record.

I've never done this before and I wonder if some of you may have recommendations on equipment, apart from apps for iOS themselves (that would need to be able to send that query data to a server). I've seen the Motorola (now called Zebra) Motorola DS4208 class of scanners that most people like, but I can't see that there are any MacOS drivers.

We are developing our own in-house solution to track a bunch of specialized equipment -- sometimes these units fail and must be RMA'd, but having a shorter task of scanning and tracking will make the job a lot easier.

As for label printing itself, I see Brother has many solutions for this.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Mac Pro, macOS Sierra (10.12.4)

Posted on Nov 16, 2017 1:40 PM

There are no replies.

Barcode scanner recommendations

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.