Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sound issues when recording videos

I have very much enjoyed my iP7+ since Jan 2017, however I have recently encountered a frustrating problem. When recording videos utilizing my rear facing camera, the sound starts recording fine but nearly always drops to about 50%. I’ve tried recording using the front camera and I don't have this issue. Ive force restarted and that did not help either. Not saying that is the culprit, but it seems to have started when i updated to iOS11 a few weeks ago. I’ve recorded many music performance videos over the life of the phone and have also had the same phone case. The rear microphone isn’t being blocked. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Posted on Nov 16, 2017 2:56 PM

1 reply

Nov 17, 2017 11:04 AM in response to Drummer112479

Hi, Drummer112479.

I see that you've been noticing an issue while recording videos on your iPhone 7 Plus. The sound level will drop quite bit. Good job on the troubleshooting you've tried and I'm happy to help.

Get help with the microphones on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch -- Follow the steps provided in this support article.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch -- If previous steps didn't resolve the issue, please be sure to have a fresh backup to keep your personal information safe. In order to back up your Health data, the backup needs to be encrypted. iCloud does this automatically, but iTunes doesn't. If you'd like to use iTunes to back up your phone, refer to this article: About encrypted backups in iTunes

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch -- Even though the title of the article isn't specific to your issue, the section titled "Put your device in recovery mode and set it up again" will walk you through all the steps to reinstall the iOS software on your device. Test the issue once your phone has returned to the Home screen.

Let me know how that goes.

Take care!

Sound issues when recording videos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.