Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to burn DVD of FCPX project. All it burns is VIDEO TS AND AUDIO TS onto the DVD.

Finished creating a FCP X project. Then "Shared" it to a blank DVD. All I got as a result on the disk is this: User uploaded file

Before I waste another blank what do I do?

MAC Duo processor, Mac OS X (10.6.3)

Posted on Nov 16, 2017 1:48 PM

13 replies

Nov 16, 2017 4:36 PM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Disk is read as Incompatible by my Panasonic player. Inserting it into my Mac does not bring up the DVD Player icon. When I select the Player icon even with the disk in my Apple disk drive it does not recognize that a disk is in the Mac.

The size of the project is 1.63GB. When I try to save it as a Master File the size jumps to 20 GB so trying to burn it from there requires a disk greater than 20GB!

Nov 17, 2017 8:42 AM in response to Docbruce

With Toast, you also don't need to create an .img disk image. You choose the Video tab in Toast, change the drop down menu under that to VIDEO_TS Folder, and drop that folder in. It will automatically create the empty AUDIO_TS folder.

The big advantage there is you've already authored your disk's menus to appear how you want the disk to display. That's all in the VIDEO_TS folder. Toast will create a proper movie disk directly from it.

Trying to burn DVD of FCPX project. All it burns is VIDEO TS AND AUDIO TS onto the DVD.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.