Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Network configuration question

If I am using timed access on the network that I am joining do I need to add the hardware address of the airport express to the timed access device list?

AirPort Express 802.11n (2nd generation), Other OS

Posted on Nov 16, 2017 2:11 PM

1 reply

Nov 16, 2017 2:19 PM in response to DjFicus

No, unless you want to control the specific times that the AirPort Express can connect to the network.

Timed Access is really tricky if you want to only allow certain devices to connect to the network.....because the default settings for Timed Access will still allow any new device that has the password for the network to connect.

In other words, the "rules" that you have set up will control the times that devices are allowed to connect to the network. But.....if another new device.....without a "rule"....has the password for the network, it will be able to connect.

If you only want to allow certain devices to connect to the network, and prevent any "new" device from connecting, you have to change the default rule for the network to "No Access", then set up "rules" for the devices that you do want to allow to connect.

Network configuration question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.