Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Word and preview font size

When trying to smarten up a document . I chose a PDF font size and style that I liked . I checked this in preview by creating a text box and selecting the style and size of type in the text box and placing over the text I was copying .

I then went to word and created a paragraph style with that particular font size and that particular typeface .

They don’t end up the same .

Essentially 20 point text in preview ends up needing to be 12 point text in Word .

What am I doing wrong .

Essentially what I want to do is take a PDF document and copy a paragraph style to use in a Word document

Posted on

Page content loaded

Nov 16, 2017 2:31 PM in response to nerak100 In response to nerak100

Create the document in Word using the font and styles you want. If you then want to save the document in PDF just do so from Word.

Or, ask your question about importing fonts and styles from PDF to Word in the Microsoft communities. Microsoft Community

Nov 16, 2017 2:31 PM

Reply Helpful

Nov 17, 2017 1:06 AM in response to BobTheFisherman In response to BobTheFisherman

I was not sufficiently clear.

I have a pdf that I want to emulate. When I add text to the pdf using preview, the typeface is 20pt.

If I use 20pt in Word in the same typeface and then export from word as a pdf, the size of the typefaces does not match.

I wanted to know why.

Nov 17, 2017 1:06 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: nerak100

Question: Word and preview font size