Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to control apps in Device Management without internet connection?

Hi,

I've a problem. My iPad Air has only WiFi. First I trusted the Enterprise Developer that initially worked. A few hours later I opened one of the apps from the third party and the iPad ask me this:

An internet connection is required to verify the trust for this developer. This app will not be available until the verification is complete.

So I went back to the Device Management to "control apps" of the third party:

Your network connection is used to see if the apps of this business developer can be used on your ipad.

But, as I said, I don't have a network connection on my iPad, only WiFi. is there perhaps a way to control the apps in a different way? Maybe by computer (I do not have a Mac ...) or by WiFi?

Thank you in advance!

iPad Air Wi-Fi, iOS 11.1

Posted on Nov 16, 2017 3:00 PM

4 replies

Nov 16, 2017 3:40 PM in response to liesmaz

Hi. You say you have only WiFi. Do you mean that your WiFi is not connected to an internet router?

Can you connect the iPad to an internet WiFi in order to complete the authorization? The problem is that it needs to verify certificates with their issuers, and that requires an internet connection. If you cannot do this, you need to get assistance from the app developer.

Nov 16, 2017 5:16 PM in response to liesmaz

If you use your WiFi for web browsing, email, updates, then it is connected to the internet. So, you do have a network connection, provided your iPad is on WiFi. But it sounds like it cannot reach the needed servers. Are you using a VPN or DNS service that might affect how you access the internet? As I suggested before, you should get help from the company that provided the app. Or maybe a tech-y friend could help you.

How to control apps in Device Management without internet connection?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.