Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari Favorites Star Button

does anyone know what happened to the star and grid button in the top right corner of safari? is it possible to get it back?

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 9.3.5

Posted on Nov 16, 2017 3:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2017 5:40 PM

I wanted to get preview of the favorites back. It used to be when I click the star button on the top right corner of the favorites page, it shows the icon of the favorite and when I click on the grid button, it shows a preview of the website.

User uploaded fileit looks like that and you'll notice its gone in safari 10. can I get the function back?

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 16, 2017 5:40 PM in response to zackAtone

I wanted to get preview of the favorites back. It used to be when I click the star button on the top right corner of the favorites page, it shows the icon of the favorite and when I click on the grid button, it shows a preview of the website.

User uploaded fileit looks like that and you'll notice its gone in safari 10. can I get the function back?

Nov 16, 2017 5:05 PM in response to MacOS9

This Has Work For Me

When I found this news out I also was pretty upset about this modification.

Today, I stumbled upon a solution utilizing the home button instead of the grid button:

First, you will need to customize your toolbar to include the home button. I also removed my grid button as I don't have use for it anymore.

Then, you will want to modify your home page to "favorites: //", without the quotes (menu -> Safari -> Preferences -> General -> Homepage).

For me this works exactly as I was used to, the only difference is that the button I use today has a little house on it instead of the grid.

I hope this help you with thi.

Safari Favorites Star Button

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.