Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Safari Favorites Star Button

does anyone know what happened to the star and grid button in the top right corner of safari? is it possible to get it back?

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 9.3.5

Posted on

Question marked as Solved
Answer:
Answer:

I wanted to get preview of the favorites back. It used to be when I click the star button on the top right corner of the favorites page, it shows the icon of the favorite and when I click on the grid button, it shows a preview of the website.

User uploaded fileit looks like that and you'll notice its gone in safari 10. can I get the function back?

Posted on

Page content loaded

Nov 16, 2017 5:05 PM in response to MacOS9 In response to MacOS9

This Has Work For Me

When I found this news out I also was pretty upset about this modification.

Today, I stumbled upon a solution utilizing the home button instead of the grid button:

First, you will need to customize your toolbar to include the home button. I also removed my grid button as I don't have use for it anymore.

Then, you will want to modify your home page to "favorites: //", without the quotes (menu -> Safari -> Preferences -> General -> Homepage).

For me this works exactly as I was used to, the only difference is that the button I use today has a little house on it instead of the grid.

I hope this help you with thi.

Nov 16, 2017 5:05 PM

Reply Helpful
Question marked as Solved

Nov 16, 2017 5:40 PM in response to zackAtone In response to zackAtone

I wanted to get preview of the favorites back. It used to be when I click the star button on the top right corner of the favorites page, it shows the icon of the favorite and when I click on the grid button, it shows a preview of the website.

User uploaded fileit looks like that and you'll notice its gone in safari 10. can I get the function back?

Nov 16, 2017 5:40 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: MacOS9

Question: Safari Favorites Star Button