Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes force quits when watching a TV show

I recently purchased a season of a TV show from iTunes when I go to download the show it won't fully download or it will stop downloading and when I go to actually stream the episode iTunes immediately force quits and throws me out and pops up with a warning telling me to "reopen" "report problem" or "close". I have everything updated on my MacBook and have deleted and redownloaded iTunes. the shows play on my iPhone and on other peoples MacBooks just not mine. how do I fix this problem?

MacBook Air, iOS 11.1

Posted on Nov 16, 2017 4:02 PM

1 reply

Nov 20, 2017 5:57 PM in response to TaylorKate12

Hi, TaylorKate12!

Thanks for stopping by the Apple Support Communities. From your post, I understand that you are unable to watch TV shows you've purchased in iTunes. While you can watch from your iPhone just fine, or even other computers, if you try on your MacBook, iTunes won't download or stream. iTunes may even force close on you, with an error messages. I'm happy to help!

I see you've done a few troubleshooting steps on your own. I've got a few more that may help, starting here: If iTunes is open, quit the app. You can do this from within the iTunes app by pressing Command+Q or selecting iTunes > Quit iTunes from the menu bar. Then, reopen while holding shift on your keyboard. Try to download or stream a show. If the issue continues. restart your Mac by selecting the Apple  menu > Restart...

If iTunes is still misbehaving after a restart, test everything in safe mode: Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support . Then, if you still have trouble, set up a new user account and test it there: How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac - Apple Support .

Cheers!

iTunes force quits when watching a TV show

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.