Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook keyboard wont work

I got a message from my ex who explained to me that when she turns on her computer, the lock screen will warn her that no keyboard is connected and immediately pop up a display keyboard. She has tried everything that she can in order to get her keyboard to work, but she simply cannot log into her computer to get anything accomplished. Even the display keyboard will not work when she tries to punch in the keys.

I bought my ex girlfriend a macbook laptop a few years back. It is still under warranty until August, but the warranty is in my name. She messaged me yesterday asking if I could either look at her computer and figure out why her keyboard is not working, or if I could take it to get fixed. She is behind on her school work and is mad because she cannot access her computer.

Posted on Nov 16, 2017 3:51 PM

1 reply

Nov 17, 2017 5:04 PM in response to smbury

Hello smbury,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Community. I understand you've got a MacBook that is not detecting it's keyboard, and I have some information that may help.

In cases like this, it may help to reset the SMC (System Management Controller), which controls the different hardware systems in your Mac. Have a look at the article below to learn how.

How to reset the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac - Apple Support

If you run into any trouble, please reach out again.
​Best Regards.

MacBook keyboard wont work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.