Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro 2017 (Non-Touch Bar)

My battery on my MacBook Pro is advertised as lasting about 10 hours, it only lasts 4 hours which is disappointing...

What do I do to improve the battery? I use Safari instead of Chrome which I have been told improves the battery.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Late 2016, 2 TBT3), macOS High Sierra (10.13.1)

Posted on Nov 16, 2017 4:41 PM

11 replies

Nov 21, 2017 8:27 PM in response to samfromqueenstown

Not good. You can run Apple Hardware Diagnostics and see if it catches anything: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202731 but I doubt it will. There's really not much you can do except try to minimize things that tax the battery, like the display brightness. Aside from that, if there really is a hardware issue, nothing's going to help except going to an AASP.

Nov 16, 2017 9:07 PM in response to samfromqueenstown

Also, see if there are extra processes running in the background: Open Utilities > Activity Monitor > click on CPU > click on %CPU > click on it again, if necessary, to get the highest numbers to the top of the list/column. What are the highest numbers and the Process Names? Taking a screenshot and posting it may be easier.

MacBook Pro 2017 (Non-Touch Bar)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.