Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Inserting sim card

Just returned from Japan. I had SoftBank agent install Japanes sim card there. I retained the US(Hawaii card) in the holder provided by them. I removed the tray and replaced the card but when re-installing, it goes in half way and meets firm resistance. Do I "force" the tray in? Do I need to reinsert the wire clip in the hole? Do I physically force it in by pushing it against a firm surface?

iPhone SE, inserting simm csrd

Posted on Nov 16, 2017 5:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2017 3:42 AM

You should not use much force although there can be slight resistance especially if the tray is not perfectly aligned.

Look carefully at the tray itself for any deformity.

Try inserting the tray without any sim and see how smooth the operation is.

If it works easily reset the sim carefully on the tray and try again.

Should you be worried, it would be better to have the Apple Store or an authorized service provider examine the tray. Replacements are available if needed.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 17, 2017 3:42 AM in response to Ewaboy

You should not use much force although there can be slight resistance especially if the tray is not perfectly aligned.

Look carefully at the tray itself for any deformity.

Try inserting the tray without any sim and see how smooth the operation is.

If it works easily reset the sim carefully on the tray and try again.

Should you be worried, it would be better to have the Apple Store or an authorized service provider examine the tray. Replacements are available if needed.

Inserting sim card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.