Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple tv froze on tv shows and will not come off that hit the top two buttons to restart nothing, unplugged it nothing any ideas

Apple tv froze on tv show icon will not move. Tried to reset holding both top buttons.. nothing. Unplugged 90 times nothing.. Should I just throw this thing in the bay?

Posted on Nov 16, 2017 5:59 PM

7 replies

Nov 17, 2017 10:38 AM in response to quick22

quick22 wrote:

Yeah I unplugged it and just stays froze. It's on the tv show app I can see that it's highlighted but reset, unplugged it nothing. Should I just toss it or is there another method to try?

That's not possible. If you unplugged it from power (wall or power strip) it cannot be showing anything on screen. It would be completely turned off, with nothing to show.

If you just unplugged it from the TV, then that won't really do anything.

Unplug it from the wall, or power strip, let it sit for 30 seconds, and plug it back into power.

apple tv froze on tv shows and will not come off that hit the top two buttons to restart nothing, unplugged it nothing any ideas

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.