Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Touch screen not working

the touch screen on my apple watch isnt working properly. It isnt working when i try to scroll down if i have a message. It wont let me ”dismiss” a screen The screen is real jittery when i try to scroll and wont engage an app when i touch it. I know my hands are getting dry because of the westher but it just feels like its is more than this. Help!!

Posted on Nov 16, 2017 7:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2017 1:48 AM

Hi

If your Apple Watch does not respond to touchscreen inputs as expected, then the following steps may help:

Remove any screen protector, case or bumper that you may have fitted to your Apple Watch.

If you have not yet done so, update your iPhone and Apple Watch to the latest compatible software versions, starting with your iPhone:

Clean and dry your Apple Watch, being sure to follow Apple's cleaning instructions:

Restart (normally) your Apple Watch and iPhone, turning both devices off together, then restarting your iPhone first:

If the issue persists, next unpair and re-pair your Apple Watch:

If the issue persists, then I suggest that you contact Apple Support (remote diagnostics and/or mail-in service may be available, if required), make a Genius Bar reservation or visit an Apple Authorised Service Provider for assistance:

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 17, 2017 1:48 AM in response to kathleenfrommechanicsburg

Hi

If your Apple Watch does not respond to touchscreen inputs as expected, then the following steps may help:

Remove any screen protector, case or bumper that you may have fitted to your Apple Watch.

If you have not yet done so, update your iPhone and Apple Watch to the latest compatible software versions, starting with your iPhone:

Clean and dry your Apple Watch, being sure to follow Apple's cleaning instructions:

Restart (normally) your Apple Watch and iPhone, turning both devices off together, then restarting your iPhone first:

If the issue persists, next unpair and re-pair your Apple Watch:

If the issue persists, then I suggest that you contact Apple Support (remote diagnostics and/or mail-in service may be available, if required), make a Genius Bar reservation or visit an Apple Authorised Service Provider for assistance:

Touch screen not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.