Announcement: Upgrade to macOS Mojave

With features like Dark Mode, Stacks, and four new built-in apps, macOS Mojave helps you get more out of every click. 
Find out how to upgrade to macOS Mojave > https://support.apple.com/macos/mojave

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: iMessage won't synch high sierra

Every since the High Sierra upgrade my iPhone and MacBook won't keep the synch going between iMessage and SMS. The issue is on the MacBook receiving the texts, the iPhone and my iPad which also is synched always get the messages immediately. If I send an iMessage or SMS from my MacBook then the iPhone and iPad receive it fine, again immediately. But for some reason the inbound iMessages and SMS message are not being received by Messages on my MacBook. What can I do to troubleshoot this issue?

Model Name: MacBook Pro

Model Identifier: MacBookPro11,5

Processor Name: Intel Core i7

Processor Speed: 2.8 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 4

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 6 MB

Memory: 16 GB

Boot ROM Version: MBP114.0177.B00

SMC Version (system): 2.30f2

System Version: macOS 10.13 (17A365)

Kernel Version: Darwin 17.0.0

Boot Volume: Macintosh HD

Boot Mode: Normal

Computer Name:

User Name:

Secure Virtual Memory: Enabled

System Integrity Protection: Enabled

Time since boot: 14:00

Posted on

Page content loaded

Nov 17, 2017 12:05 PM in response to venz In response to venz

I understand that you can use your Mac to successfully send Messages including Apple's iMessage service, and SMS and MMS text message forwarding from your Mac is also working with your iPhone.

Those messages appear on your iPhones and iPads and everyplace else, but the converse is not happening—your Mac is not receiving messages that originate from your iPhone, and presumably others as well. Is that right?

Please follow all the steps for "Set up SMS and MMS messaging" in Use Continuity to connect your Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch - Apple Support.

If none of that helps it might be necessary to "sign out" of iCloud on each of those devices, followed by "signing in" again. Since it's the Mac that is not receiving those messages, try it on the Mac before repeating that step on your iPhone.

Nov 17, 2017 12:05 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: venz

Question: iMessage won't synch high sierra