Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App appeared that I did not download

The Stranger Things Game in on my phone and I did not download it

Posted on Nov 16, 2017 8:01 PM

6 replies

Nov 17, 2017 1:05 PM in response to brenden dv

The iPhone is password protected, and I use Touch ID, no one else has access.

The Apple ID is not shared, also no family sharing.

I also know how to delete apps.

It is a mystery as to how it got on the iPhone.

I do subscribe to Netflix, the maker of the game.

The only change I have made recently is to add a South Park game that required signing in to Game Center, something I’d rather not use since I have no interest in multiplayer games.

Any thoughts?

Nov 17, 2017 6:09 PM in response to lobsterghost1

Thanks for following up, that is actually what concerned me, it appeared on the first screen that had an empty position. Which was two away from home screen. I very rarely watch Netflix on the phone, usually on the iPad.

I only do manual updates, no background updates. I’ve been an iPhone user since the 3GS, and I’ve never seen a third party app just appear before.

The only recent changes to any settings was turning on game Center. I wonder if that had anything to do with it, or if it slipped in with the last Netflix update. And I have not watched that show on Netflix.

It just seems a little too unusual, Which is why I am bringing it to the forum. I wonder has anyone else experienced something like this?

Thanks again for your help!

Nov 17, 2017 12:21 PM in response to BRPhiker

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, BRPhiker.
If I understand your post correctly, you have an unwanted app on your iPhone. I'd like to help.
First, you can delete unwanted apps like this: How to delete apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
Then, you can prevent others from downloading apps to your iPhone two ways:
1. Set up a passcode: Use a passcode with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
2. Set up a Restrictions passcode: Use parental controls on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
Please note with the Restrictions passcode:

If you forget your Restrictions passcode, you need to erase your device, then set it up as a new device to remove the Restrictions passcode. Restoring your device using a backup won't remove the Restrictions passcode.

Let us know if that resolves this issue for you.
Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Take care.

App appeared that I did not download

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.