Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Touchscreen partially unresponsive after upgrade to iOS 11

I have a two year old iPAD (Model MH1J2LL/A).

Immediately after downloading and installing 11 (I am now on 11.1.1), I noticed that the touchscreen performs err erratically. The problem is particularly annoying when I am trying to read e-editions of newspapers, such as the New York Times, and, especially, the Washington Post. The problem also occurs when I am readying books.

For instance, I can't scroll, or scrolling can't be fully controlled. When I scroll, often words and paragraphs are highlighted. If I try to scroll through a number of articles, often one of them will open up unintentionally.

When I read a book, often, the the page I am reading disappears, the application reverts to a picture of the front cover, and then goes to a page which can be as much as 100 pages of the last page I was reading.

I can pinpoint the time this started happening: immediately after I upgraded from 10 to 11. I also have some of the same issues with my one year old iPhone, although the problem does not occur on my wife's one year old iPad Mini.

I called Apple for tech support, but several updates have not resolved the issue.

The last time this happened, I ended up purchasing the latest model of the iPAD, but I protest if Apple has made a two-year-old iPAD obsolete with its latest upgrade.

I have been a loyal Apple user (One Mini, two MacBook Pro's, four iPads and 6 versions of the iPhone). But this latest problem has me thinking about ditching the iPAD for an Android tablet.

iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Nov 16, 2017 7:54 PM

1 reply

Nov 16, 2017 8:09 PM in response to Peter Butzin

How much free data storage space is left on these devices?

Do you leave scads and scads of apps lingering in the background switcher?

Do you leave your web browser active with lots of active website tabs open to the Internet?

In Settings app, under General, have you tried turning OFF Background App Refresh?

In Settings app, under General, Reset, have you tried Reset All Settings?

Have you tried a hard reset of your iPad by holding down both the Home and sleep/wake buttons simultaneously until your iPad goes to black and restarts with Apple logo, then release the buttons?

Touchscreen partially unresponsive after upgrade to iOS 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.