Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notes not opening iOS 11.1.2 iPhone 6

My wife and I both have an iPhone 6. I wasn't able to open Notes on iOS 11.1.1 tonight and luckily 11.1.2 fixed that for me since it was crashing as soon as I tried to open it. Her phone however just crashes the Notes app each time it is opened. She has plenty of free space in memory and the only other difference is she has an aftermarket screen. Both were purchased new from Apple when they debuted. She has notes she cannot lose and I need to get this resolved ASAP.

Restarting has no effect.

Force restarting has no effect.

Updating from 11.1.1 to 11.1.2 had no effect.

Quitting the app before it crashes from the app switcher had no effect.

Posted on Nov 16, 2017 8:39 PM

2 replies

Nov 17, 2017 1:29 PM in response to Eric Browning

Hello Eric Browning.

​If I'm understanding correctly, the Notes app is crashing when you attempt to open it. My Notes are important to me and I'll be happy to help. You have already performed some great trouble shooting.

Check out the steps below to remove and reinstall Notes to see if it helps from our article: Delete built-in Apple apps on your iOS 11 device or Apple Watch

Delete a built-in app from your device

1. On your iOS device, touch and hold the app lightly until it jiggles. If the app doesn't jiggle, make sure that you're not pressing too hard.
  2. Tap on the app, then tap Delete.
  3. Press the Home button to finish.

If you have an Apple Watch, deleting an app from your iPhone also deletes that app from your Apple Watch.

User uploaded file

Restore a built-in app that you deleted

1. On your iOS device, go to the App Store.
  2. Search for the app. Make sure that you use the exact name of the app. Find the correct name of built-in apps.
  3. Tap User uploaded file to restore the app.
  4. Wait for the app to restore, then open it from your Home screen.

If you have an Apple Watch, restoring an app to your iPhone also restores that app to your Apple Watch.

Cheers.

Nov 19, 2017 7:20 PM in response to Neil22R

Sorry Neil, not helpful. It worked before the 11.1.2 update from 11.1.1. She has irreplaceable information so NO we are not going to delete it. iOS 11 is buggy and quality control has slipped dramatically at Apple. We both have several apps that will periodically freeze, installs don't complete (after hours of waiting) and the apps that don't open or crash vary from day to day. iOS 11 is awash in bugs.

Notes not opening iOS 11.1.2 iPhone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.