Related Article: If your iPhone or iPad won't update

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPhone X not receiving iOS 11.1.2 update

My iPhone X not receiving iOS 11.1.2 software update, why?

iOS 11.1

Posted on Nov 16, 2017 8:15 PM

7 replies

Nov 17, 2017 10:44 PM in response to Chekmeng

Ahhh well THAT explains it then.. You did not receive 11.1.2 as that would be a downgrade.

Only Apple know when IOS 11.2 will is likely to be released, but it may well be several weeks away.

Public beta software releases are intended for specific technical audiences and are not considered stable for use by ordinary end-users. As such, the upgrade or exit procedures to/within/from the beta program are not as well streamlined, or within the normal support structure.

Not good news I'm afraid. The 'way out' of the beta program is to restore your device from scratch using a backup taken before installing a beta version of IOS.

See: How to install or uninstall iOS beta software - Apple Support

Maybe someone else will can advise whether or not, if you wait long enough you will drop back into the release track when IOS 11.2 eventually launches. You certainly will not receive any 11.1.x updates whilst in this state. I can think of some good reasons why they might make it such that release version would not install from a beta - the main one being that as the beta is test software, it is considered buggy and might have corrupted data or settings on the device. Installing 'stable' software over suspect data/settings would leave your device in an unsupportable state.

Nov 17, 2017 1:36 PM in response to Briansyddall

I am currently ruining on iOS 11.2 beta 3. I choose to leave the beta program but I still did not receive iOS 11.1.2 official release.

I signed out to leave the beta program but still have the feedback app in my phone. Will I be getting the official iOS 11.2 release in near future?

I have try to reset my phone but still unable to receive iOS 11.1.2 update.

Please help.

Nov 18, 2017 2:58 AM in response to Chekmeng

In the article linked to above, Select "Uninstall IOS beta" - to view the appropriate instructions.

Carefully follow the instructions in that section of the article.

Unfortunately - that involves re-installing a fresh copy of IOS in a way that wipes all settings and contents of your phone (but it sounds as if you have wiped your conetent already)

Afterwards, if you have a backup from before installing the beta, you could restore that if you so wish.

IPhone X not receiving iOS 11.1.2 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.