Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Series 0 obsolescence?

Hey community. First question here. I’m very fond of my Apple Watch series 0 (very first one released) and see no reason to purchase another, until of course it becomes obsolescent and reaches end of life/support. Does anybody have any idea when this might happen so I might plan for an upgrade? Thank you!

Posted on

Question marked as Solved
Answer:
Answer:

Hi

I'm afraid that no-one here can tell you anything about Apple's unannounced plans. You are not talking to Apple here - this is a user-based technical support community.

Whilst Apple no longer sells new Apple Watch (1st generation) models, no model of Apple Watch has yet been declared vintage or obsolete by Apple:

Vintage and obsolete products - Apple Support

Keep in mind (particularly if selling your Apple Watch, in order to describe it accurately to any buyer) that there is no "Series 0" under Apple's terminology:

Identify your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Posted on

Page content loaded

Nov 16, 2017 11:50 PM in response to minetape In response to minetape

if it still worked after apple marked it as obsolescence why stop using it ?

obsolescence only mean apple no longer repair them or exchange them

they could even stop making software updates for devices before they mark them as obsolescence

Nov 16, 2017 11:50 PM

Reply Helpful
Question marked as Solved

Nov 17, 2017 1:24 AM in response to minetape In response to minetape

Hi

I'm afraid that no-one here can tell you anything about Apple's unannounced plans. You are not talking to Apple here - this is a user-based technical support community.

Whilst Apple no longer sells new Apple Watch (1st generation) models, no model of Apple Watch has yet been declared vintage or obsolete by Apple:

Vintage and obsolete products - Apple Support

Keep in mind (particularly if selling your Apple Watch, in order to describe it accurately to any buyer) that there is no "Series 0" under Apple's terminology:

Identify your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Nov 17, 2017 1:24 AM

Reply Helpful

Nov 17, 2017 5:03 AM in response to Jonathan UK In response to Jonathan UK

My apologies on this. I saw the community as the most appropriate place to ask questions, just not to Apple apparently.

I referred to the watch as series 0 because I know Apple has a series 1,2, and 3, none of which include the original.

Your answer has been marked correct.

Nov 17, 2017 5:03 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: minetape

Question: Series 0 obsolescence?