Announcement: Upgrade to macOS Mojave

With features like Dark Mode, Stacks, and four new built-in apps, macOS Mojave helps you get more out of every click. 
Find out how to upgrade to macOS Mojave > https://support.apple.com/macos/mojave

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: how to get red of floating search the web window in OSX high sierra

For some reason a narrow 'search the web' window appeared floating above all other windows yesterday. How did I turn this on, and more importantly, how do I get rid of it?

User uploaded file

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.1), Safari 5.1

Posted on

Question marked as Solved
Answer:
Answer:

Yep it's "Webexplorer". Somehow it inveigled its way onto my machine too.

1. Look up at the menu bar, top of screen, you will see a second magnifying glass, just like the 'Spotlight' Mac icon.
  2. Click on this and choose 'quit'.
  3. Go to your 'Applications' folder find Webexplorer and drag it to you trash.

Unless of course you like it as a function.

Posted on

Question marked as Helpful

Dec 15, 2017 8:06 AM in response to ifay In response to ifay

If you don't know how to remove it manually, you can try my free tool: Adware Removal Pro for Mac

<Disclaimer: this post contains links to my own website from which I may derive some form of compensation. My website does not contain 3rd party ads. This disclaimer is required by ASC Terms of Use whenever linking to one's own site or product.>

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Page content loaded

Question marked as Solved

Dec 12, 2017 10:25 PM in response to ifay In response to ifay

Yep it's "Webexplorer". Somehow it inveigled its way onto my machine too.

1. Look up at the menu bar, top of screen, you will see a second magnifying glass, just like the 'Spotlight' Mac icon.
  2. Click on this and choose 'quit'.
  3. Go to your 'Applications' folder find Webexplorer and drag it to you trash.

Unless of course you like it as a function.

Dec 12, 2017 10:25 PM

Reply Helpful
Question marked as Helpful

Dec 15, 2017 8:06 AM in response to ifay In response to ifay

If you don't know how to remove it manually, you can try my free tool: Adware Removal Pro for Mac

<Disclaimer: this post contains links to my own website from which I may derive some form of compensation. My website does not contain 3rd party ads. This disclaimer is required by ASC Terms of Use whenever linking to one's own site or product.>

Dec 15, 2017 8:06 AM

Reply Helpful (1)
User profile for user: ifay

Question: how to get red of floating search the web window in OSX high sierra