Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is a Bonjour Malfunction when installing an HP Printer?

I have had my HP Officejet 5740e all-in-one printer working on my Mac for almost 2 years when all of a sudden my computer will not recognize it. I keep getting Bonjour Malfunction. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling my printer, but I get the same error message.

Posted on Nov 16, 2017 11:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2017 11:54 PM

Have you recently updated or upgraded your MacOS? I like HP but they are sometimes a little slow in updating their drivers. If it has followed a recent MacOS update, you should talk to their technical section.

3 replies

Nov 17, 2017 12:06 AM in response to beckyanne2002

Hello Becky,

I don't use Bonjour myself so I could not comment on your findings as related to it. But system updates are being activated far more frequently than in the past and even their latest may still not be up to date unless it actually says for what is your current MacOS. So I'd still suggest you contact HP directly.

As I don't know where you are, I can't recommend a contact point but they do have offices and technical people in all major countries.

Thank you for the help star.

What is a Bonjour Malfunction when installing an HP Printer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.