Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am unable to open my iCloud account through system preferences

I am unable to open my iCloud account through system preferences. I am using 10.12.6 and keep getting this message when I enter my password?Un kown error

<Image Edited by Host to Remove Personal Information>

MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), OS 10.6 Server, sharing prob.

Posted on Nov 16, 2017 10:44 PM

1 reply

Nov 17, 2017 11:56 AM in response to Wajibu

Have you tried a restart?

As a test, try signing in from another admin user account and the Safe Mode using your normal account.

Safe Mode - About El Capitan
also Sierra

Safe Mode Startup – El Capitan. also Sierra

If it works in the Safe Mode, try running this program when booted normally and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor. Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. On the screen with Options, please open Options and check the bottom 2 boxes before running. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown.

Etrecheck – System Information

I am unable to open my iCloud account through system preferences

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.