Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: where's the HomeKit Support Community?

HomeKit is taking off. A long way to go still but signs are hopeful for a useable product.

So many questions and suggestions still but where is the forum??

Oh realy?

User uploaded file

Posted on

Page content loaded

Nov 17, 2017 10:14 AM in response to hoek_nl In response to hoek_nl

Hi hoek_nl. I believe you mean the user side of HomeKit, which links Apple devices and Apple TVs to relay commands to suitable home components, as described in this link: Automate and remotely access your HomeKit accessories - Apple Support. So far, people seem to be using the Using Apple TV forum for questions and problems. I believe it would help to have a separate forum covering all aspects, as there is for iCloud and other cross-platform components.

Nov 17, 2017 10:14 AM

Reply Helpful

Nov 17, 2017 10:40 AM in response to Diana.McCall In response to Diana.McCall

Hi Diana,

Thanks, yes indeed that's what i'm trying to say. Home(Kit) is now presented to users on all posible devices, so it makes sense to have a Community for it. It ranges from AppleTV to iPhone/iPad to iCloud and what not. It's hard for users to pick one now. I get that dev's think of HomeKit as a framework and the Home app as the user side of things, but third-party accessories are presented as being HomeKit ready, making this the household/consumer name.

Nov 17, 2017 10:40 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: hoek_nl

Question: where's the HomeKit Support Community?