Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

where's the HomeKit Support Community?

HomeKit is taking off. A long way to go still but signs are hopeful for a useable product.

So many questions and suggestions still but where is the forum??

Oh realy?

User uploaded file

Posted on Nov 17, 2017 12:19 AM

3 replies

Nov 17, 2017 10:14 AM in response to hoek_nl

Hi hoek_nl. I believe you mean the user side of HomeKit, which links Apple devices and Apple TVs to relay commands to suitable home components, as described in this link: Automate and remotely access your HomeKit accessories - Apple Support. So far, people seem to be using the Using Apple TV forum for questions and problems. I believe it would help to have a separate forum covering all aspects, as there is for iCloud and other cross-platform components.

Nov 17, 2017 10:40 AM in response to Diana.McCall

Hi Diana,

Thanks, yes indeed that's what i'm trying to say. Home(Kit) is now presented to users on all posible devices, so it makes sense to have a Community for it. It ranges from AppleTV to iPhone/iPad to iCloud and what not. It's hard for users to pick one now. I get that dev's think of HomeKit as a framework and the Home app as the user side of things, but third-party accessories are presented as being HomeKit ready, making this the household/consumer name.

where's the HomeKit Support Community?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.