Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AW Series 2 Not Receiving Alarms from iPhone

So this is what I found out with my new Series 2. I have “Push alerts from iPhone” enabled in hope that I could remotely turn off or snooze the alarm. Whenever I set an alarm on my iPhone it doesn’t show up on my Watch when it should. I found it that “Wrist Detection” is actually doing this. If I wear my Watch, the alarm shows up and I can remotely turn it off.. BUT if I leave the watch by my bed on the table, the alarms are not being pushed to the Watch. This means that “Wrist Detection” is actually checking if I wear the watch and if I don’t I can’t remotely turn off the alarm sounding on my iPhone.. This makes no sense, how am I not able to snooze or turn off the alarm, without wearing the watch?!?!? I always leave it on the table by my bed.. I never wear it while sleeping :S

How the **** can I fix this without leaving the “Wrist Detection” off?

Posted on Nov 17, 2017 2:29 AM

4 replies

Nov 17, 2017 2:40 AM in response to MarkWWD

Hi

That is normal.

Alarms that are set on your iPhone are not synced to Apple Watch.

With Wrist Detection enabled, if you are wearing your Apple Watch and it is unlocked and connected to your iPhone at the time of the alarm, then alarm alerts from your iPhone can be pushed to your watch - like notifications for other apps - which can be used to snooze or dismiss them.

To enable / disable this option:

On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch (tab) > Clock > Push Alerts From iPhone.

You may find Nightstand Mode, with its alarm feature, helpful:

Use Nightstand mode on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

To set alarms on Apple Watch, which operate independently of your iPhone:

Set an alarm

If you would prefer that alarms operated differently, then you can submit a feature request to Apple here:

Feedback - Apple Watch - Apple

AW Series 2 Not Receiving Alarms from iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.