Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone deleting songs without permission

For the last 6 months or so, even when I was still working with iOS 10 (iPhone SE), I have had some songs disappearing without any notice.

I don’t have an Apple music subscription.

I sync my music with my iTunes library.

I have always had a lot of free space on my iPhone and I don’t see why it would think it’s okay to delete my songs without my permission.

I can’t find any setting that can disable this feature. It used to be there in earlier versions of iOS 10.

Help me please, thank you

Posted on Nov 17, 2017 1:32 AM

7 replies

Nov 17, 2017 5:05 AM in response to from0toHero

They haven't been moved and they're always in the same place even when I format my computer, I have them on a separate local disk, they always have the same path on the computer no matter what. The problem isn't the computer or iTunes.
They used to have this setting where the iPhone can clear and delete songs you don't listen to a lot to save on space, I had that on before it disappeared. and now there's no way to rollback. But I noticed it also deleted songs I listen to daily, that's why I took notice.

iPhone deleting songs without permission

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.