Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Slow iPhone 6

Hello,

Since updating to iOS11 on my iPhone 6, it has become rather sluggish. Animations are choppy and apps take a long time to load. Of course, I did expect a performance drop upon upgrading, but not one of this severity; it is now slower than my iPhone 5s that is running the same software. I was hoping that that the 11.1 update would resolve these issues, but it has not.

Is this a known issue, or is it specific to my device? Is there a known fix to this problem?

Many thanks,

James

iPhone 6, iOS 11.1

Posted on Nov 17, 2017 1:47 AM

6 replies

Nov 17, 2017 3:23 AM in response to jamesfaulkner99

Hi James, I had an iPhone 6+ and this was sluggish after the iOS 11 update. I looked around Twitter and this community and understood that when a major update is issued the software re-maps the phone content in readiness for future searches. It may improve over the next few days, particularly if you can leave it plugged in and on for a while. My iPhone 6+ 128Gb improved after a couple of days. Vince

Slow iPhone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.