Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: iCloud Family Sharing question

If I understand right, family members who already have a paid plan will need to opt in to the family storage plan to transfer over from their own plans. Once those family member opt in, then I assume that I will no longer be charged for their paid plan? Is this right or do I have to end the subscription somewhere?

Posted on

Question marked as Helpful

Nov 17, 2017 10:02 AM in response to stwoods In response to stwoods

Once you opt in to the Family iCloud Storage Sharing, you will need to cancel your individual plan as it wouldn't cancel on its own. Make sure all your data is transferred over first so maybe consider waiting a week, then cancel your individual plan.

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Page content loaded

Question marked as Helpful

Nov 17, 2017 10:02 AM in response to stwoods In response to stwoods

Once you opt in to the Family iCloud Storage Sharing, you will need to cancel your individual plan as it wouldn't cancel on its own. Make sure all your data is transferred over first so maybe consider waiting a week, then cancel your individual plan.

Nov 17, 2017 10:02 AM

Reply Helpful (1)

Nov 17, 2017 10:04 AM in response to zinacef In response to zinacef

Ok - this is what I thought, however, I can not find anywhere to cancel the individual plan. When you go into the change plan - it shows only the 2TB plan of the shared plan - not the lower individual plan. Is there somewhere special to go? I have check both the Mac and iPhone of all the family members under there accounts and can not find anywhere to cancel or that shows the old plan!

Nov 17, 2017 10:04 AM

Reply Helpful

Nov 17, 2017 10:13 AM in response to stwoods In response to stwoods

I have read in some posts that the family members plan is automatically discontinued when they join the shared storage plan. That appears to have happened. If you are still uncertain, contact iCloud Support.

You may have to try twice.

iCloud Support

Nov 17, 2017 10:13 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: stwoods

Question: iCloud Family Sharing question