Question: How Can I Troubleshoot Missing Photos Extensions?
Yesterday I installed and tested Skylum's new application "Luminar 2018", side by side with last year's version "Luminar". When I checked the Photos Extensions (in Photos as well as in System Preferences), only the old app was listed there.
I thought I perhaps needed to delete the old version to let the new version appear in the extensions list, but that did not work, and worse, after I reinstalled the older app, now both extensions are missing.
- How can I fix missing Photos extensions?
- Would it help to uninstall the app completely and to reinstall it from scratch?
- Do Photos extensions "register" only on the first start of an application?
- Are extensions registered in a kind of database only, and can the user rebuild that database somehow?
- Or are the extensions copied to a place in a Library (e.g. Application Support)?
MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), macOS High Sierra (10.13), null