Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blank template for Pages?

I just started using Pages. I chose the blank template which is what I will be using most of the time for simple letters and documents.

However, the "Blank Template" is not BLANK! There is a text box top and bottom into which it is intended that the page number should be typed. I do not wish to use them. I wish to use the WHOLE PAGE.

Is there anyone who is able to tell me how to delete these text boxes? I have tried everything, read the help pages (rather useless for beginners) and looked through all the menus. Can't find anything. Rang Apple, they can't tell me either.

Please help me if you know.

MacBook Air, OS X El Capitan (10.11.4)

Posted on Nov 17, 2017 2:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2017 9:38 PM

What you describe are the customary header and footers which are tripartite by design. You have a couple of choices:

1. Start with the Blank template, and then click Document in the Tool bar, and on that Document panel, deselect Header and Footer.
  2. Do item 1, adjust margins to taste, and save as your custom template.

You can tell Pages in its Preferences to use this custom template when it launches, instead of the Template, or File Chooser.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 17, 2017 9:38 PM in response to Englishteacher

What you describe are the customary header and footers which are tripartite by design. You have a couple of choices:

1. Start with the Blank template, and then click Document in the Tool bar, and on that Document panel, deselect Header and Footer.
  2. Do item 1, adjust margins to taste, and save as your custom template.

You can tell Pages in its Preferences to use this custom template when it launches, instead of the Template, or File Chooser.

Blank template for Pages?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.