Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Podcasts really broken in my iTunes

This has been going on for months, since before updating to the obviously terrible iTunes 12. But 1) iTunes occasionally subscribes me to podcasts I've never even looked at, let alone willingly downloaded.

2) It has several times changed the name of a podcast I do subscribe to and downloads a bunch of episodes from this other podcast. The album artwork for the old podcast is still there, as are any episodes I've downloaded, but the feed will never show new episodes (unless I unsub, delete everything, and resubscribe). Sometimes it downloads a bunch of episodes; either way it fills up my feed with a podcast I have no interest in and takes away the podcast I actually listen to.

3) Sometimes it just downloads hundreds of episodes of podcasts I actually listen to, and then I have to go through and delete them all.

It also doesn't download podcasts I've subscribed to automatically, but that's small potatoes compared to the rest.

Does this happen to anyone else? Failing that, what's the best iTunes alternative, because I am DONE.

Macbook Pro, El Cap 10.11.6; iTunes 12.7.0.166

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on

Page content loaded

There are no replies.
User profile for user: laurelgc

Question: Podcasts really broken in my iTunes