Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

problem with move ring/health app

At the end of the day, after I have closed all three rings on my watch, I check the health app on my phone to verify my progress. On some mornings when I check the app again, I find that 200 to 400 calories gave been deducted from the Move ring and it is no longer closed. The exercise and stand rings are not affected. This happens about 2 times a week and seems to be on random days What is up with this?

Apple Watch Series 2, iOS 11.0.3

Posted on Nov 17, 2017 6:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2017 3:03 AM

For Activity recording and other features and services to work as intended by Apple, you should each have a separate Apple ID and be signed in accordingly on your iPhone and, if you each have one, Apple Watch.

Should you wish to share eligible past and future purchases (iTunes music, apps, books, etc), you can still do so via Family Sharing (a free Apple service).

Other features of Family Sharing include a shared family calendar. shared photo album and the ability to set reminders that will alert both of you:

The following articles provide instructions for:

Creating a new Apple ID:

How to use that new Apple ID on an iPhone:

The person who sets up a new Apple ID should also first unpair their Apple Watch from their iPhone and then pair it again after the iPhone has been configured to use the new Apple ID:

Once you are set up with your own respective Apple IDs on your devices, you can also share Activity results with each other:

Share your Activity with your Apple Watch - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 18, 2017 3:03 AM in response to 37dagwood

For Activity recording and other features and services to work as intended by Apple, you should each have a separate Apple ID and be signed in accordingly on your iPhone and, if you each have one, Apple Watch.

Should you wish to share eligible past and future purchases (iTunes music, apps, books, etc), you can still do so via Family Sharing (a free Apple service).

Other features of Family Sharing include a shared family calendar. shared photo album and the ability to set reminders that will alert both of you:

The following articles provide instructions for:

Creating a new Apple ID:

How to use that new Apple ID on an iPhone:

The person who sets up a new Apple ID should also first unpair their Apple Watch from their iPhone and then pair it again after the iPhone has been configured to use the new Apple ID:

Once you are set up with your own respective Apple IDs on your devices, you can also share Activity results with each other:

Share your Activity with your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Nov 17, 2017 6:17 AM in response to 37dagwood

Hi

If you have not yet done so, it may help to update your iPhone and Apple Watch to the latest compatible software versions, starting with your iPhone:

Also update all installed apps on your iPhone to the latest versions.

If the issue persists and you are using any third-party fitness, sleep and/or heart rate tracking apps, then it may help to consult the developer's support resources and/or to contact the developer to establish whether data recording and syncing behaviour by those apps is causing the issue.

Otherwise if the issue persists, then I suggest that you contact Apple Support (remote diagnostics and/or mail-in service may be available, if required), make a Genius Bar reservation or visit an Apple Authorised Service Provider for assistance:

problem with move ring/health app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.