Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Just received an email from iCloud support asking me for my Apple ID and password took me to initial page that asked for my information including Social Security number is this a problem

Just received an email from iCloud support saying my account was blocked unless I’ve verified certain information which included my Social Security # just doesn’t seem normal?

Posted on

Page content loaded

Nov 17, 2017 5:24 AM in response to Woagraphics In response to Woagraphics

Is your iCloud account actually blocked, i.e. can you still access your e-mail or login to iCloud.com? If so, that message is obviously just a phishing attempt and should be ignored and deleted. In case you have alread entered any of your information on that site, change your iCloud password immediately.

Nov 17, 2017 5:24 AM

Reply Helpful

Nov 17, 2017 5:31 AM in response to ckuan In response to ckuan

Only thing I gave them was my ID and password so I’m assuming I need to change my password when he prompted for more information including Social Security number that’s when I got suspicious I’m assuming it would be advisable to change my password?

Nov 17, 2017 5:31 AM

Reply Helpful

Nov 17, 2017 5:33 AM in response to Woagraphics In response to Woagraphics

Woagraphics wrote:

Only thing I gave them was my ID and password so I’m assuming I need to change my password when he prompted for more information including Social Security number that’s when I got suspicious I’m assuming it would be advisable to change my password?

Yes. do it here immediately:

https://appleid.apple.com

Note: Change your password but not your Apple ID

Nov 17, 2017 5:33 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: Woagraphics

Question: Just received an email from iCloud support asking me for my Apple ID and password took me to initial page that asked for my information including Social Security number is this a problem